In the past women had quite a tough time because of all the things they were forbidden in order to be called a lady. Nowadays we no longer have to wear huge dresses, wigs and white gloves and are no longer afraid to remain alone in the same room with a man. Still, that doesn’t mean that there are no more rules to follow. Any woman knows that her every move is watched closely both by men and the other women. Of course, malicious comments are part of every successful person’s life. But some of them are justified, so why not make a few changes in order no to be tagged?
The first impression
It’s impossible for everyone to get to know you just the way you are and this is why creating a favorable impression from the first time you meet someone is very important. Build your image just the way you want it to be and explore. Use your imagination and create the style that suits you: elegant, natural, glamorous, it’s your choice. Your clothes should reflect your personality but should be appropriate for a certain situation (sorry, no t-shirts with your favorite band at work!). And there also some big DON’T’s:
- wearing a huge cleavage at work or transparent blouses will create unpleasant situations and will not make the best impression ever. There are many possibilities like choosing other colours than white and black, or just some unusual designs. Choose that instead of making such an error.
- Too much silver or golden fabric, glitter or all these combined is something that should really disappear. On some occasions they can definitely be taken into consideration, but not when going to do the groceries.
- Too much love for rainbows: orange, yellow and green, not good on the same time. Colours are great, but when choosing what you want to wear be sure people will not look at you twice or make photos. It may not be for a fashion magazine.
- Really tight clothes- it can be frustrating to try something on and see it’s not the most comfortable thing ever. Still, don’t be afraid to ask for a bigger size, feel good and look good at the same time as a blouse that seems ready to explode will not bring you many compliments. Don’t buy smaller clothes hoping that in time they will be just right. Choose what fits you!
-Heavy metal- three bracelets, a necklace with a big medallion a golden purse, a few rings and of course, golden shoes and earrings, maybe even a broche. Or maybe not. Accessories are usually worn to make the way you look more interesting not to reflect the sun so just choose a few. There is enough time to wear everything you have.
- Is it a peacock? When choosing your make up try to keep it natural for work and usually during your daily activities. You can wear vibrating colours at parties or when going to clubs. Don’t give everyone a reason to giggle! In the end it’s a matter of respecting yourself. Demand for respect by acting the right way.
A lady knows what to do in most situations, and if not she doesn’t make a tragedy out of everything and knows how to transforms any drawback into an advantage. This kind of woman knows when to attract attention and when to stay in shadow, masters the art of conversation and can easily handle a discussion. Does it look difficult? It’s not like that at all. It’s just a matter of will after all; of course, here are some more don’ts:
-Have you heard that? Gossip: it’s there, everywhere, can’t fight it. And of course, talking about others is something we cannot avoid. However, discuss some things only with close friends or family members; if someone wants to share a secret than let it be a secret! Nothing can create a worse impression than talking behind everyone’s back!
-You’re just saying that…! When receiving compliments don’t deny the fact, but accept them, smile and thank. A lady knows what her qualities are and is sure of herself.
-What time is it? A lady will always arrive on time, no matter if it’s a business meeting, a movie night with friends or if she’s waiting for someone at the train station. You may be forgiven the first and maybe the second time but then the others will start to be annoyed by this habit. And then, it’s quite hard to find a very good excuse every time you are late for work!
-Let me tell you something… don’t shout on the street, laugh noisily and when you have to talk on the phone leave the group for a few moments. When going to a formal reunion, theatre, opera, turn off your phone in order not to interrupt everyone else. If you are not familiar with a subject, don’t just give your opinion without knowing the situation. It’s not a shame not to know everything! Saying this is much better than saying something really stupid that will make everyone look at each other ready to burst into laughter.
-Thank God I got away from him! It’s not a very good idea to talk about your failed relationships and your partner’s defects with everyone. Keeping your private life private is good for both you and the others. Firstly, maybe not quite everyone is really interested in how your ex acted on dates and secondly you may not want to expose yourself very much. Explain the situation briefly and that should be enough.
-How I hate her! In order to create a good image of yourself, try not to show all your feelings. When succeeding, show a moderate joy even if it’s the greatest thing ever.
When you feel envious (it happens) try not to show it. Don’t give satisfaction to others and don’t be rude. Don’t promote yourself aggressively, by handling the things the right way you will definitely attract the attention you deserve!