“Relax, take it easy
For there is nothing that we can do.
Relax, take it easy
Blame it on me or blame it on you.”
I am sure most of you reading this article found themselves at least once in the situation of not having enough spare time. Classes, endless hours spent everyday at work and then home sweet home…or maybe not. As soon as you return your phone starts ringing. When did you last do something just for your own entertainment? If the answer is “a long time ago” it is a clear sign that you must change your routine. And it’s not hard at all!
1. Decide what your priorities are. Each morning create a schedule for the day in each you have settled some time for yourself. Do your best to stick to this schedule!
2. Try to become more organized and to improve your time management.
3. Keep an agenda of everything you do. See where you spend most of your time and decide on what you can change. It is also a method to become more efficient!
4. Try to choose a certain order in which you will handle your errands. Try to solve everything at once in order not to waste time returning to town to buy something you’ve forgotten. Try to shop on the Internet as much as you can.
5. Hire a maid or a gardener if you afford one in order to save more time. A few more hours for yourself can prove priceless!
6. Make technology your friend. Use the cell phone, the e-mail and the Internet as much as you can to gain time and also to become more efficient.
7. Keep your attitude positive even in tough moments. Getting angry won’t help you and will only make you lose time and energy!
8. Reward yourself everyday! Try to be active, go to gym, jog or spend some time reading a good book. Plan a little trip to get away from it all-it will definitely change your mood and so you will be again ready for a new day at work.
ADVICE1. Consider your spare time as important as a business meeting! Turn off your cell phone and only answer text messages if you want to.
2. If you have children allow them to help you with the house chores. This will bring benefits for the entire family from many points of view. Hire a nanny from time to time to have some time for yourself or organize a play group for your children. This is not a proof of a irresponsible parent as the children will also feel better with their parents in a good mood.
IMPORTANT1. Learn to say NO to the social events or to the projects you wouldn’t like to be part of.
2. Fight the temptation of postponing your spare time! You deserve it!