So happy together
How is the weather
So happy together
We’re happy together
A roommate can be two things: your best friend or your worst enemy. When things go bad it’s quite easy to blame everything on him or her and their behavior. But could it be that simple?
Following a few simple rules will ensure you a good relationship with the person you are living with even if you will not become best friends.
1. Try to get in touch with your roommate before school begins even if you don’t know him or her and try to decide together what each of you should bring. It might be hard but try to adapt to your roommate’s wishes and decisions as much as you can.
2. Remember the fact that appearance might deceive you so try not to jump to a decision as soon as you see him or her!
3. Decide together about the way you would like your room to be like and try to reach an agreement about it which will be satisfying for both of you.
4. Discuss about the cleaning and about paying the bills before getting to serious conflicts and problems!
5. Create a schedule which will include the time each of you uses the kitchen, study hours, the time for baths or parties that will be OK for both of you.
6. Decide what is yours and what is his or hers before finding yourself in the situation of using their cosmetics, groceries, CDs and so on by mistake. This way you will be able to avoid pointless conflicts!
7. Keep what happens in the room confidential! You would not like everyone to know that you snore, would you?
8. Be patient about your roommate’s musical taste, friends, style and behavior! Not everyone has to be a fan of your favorite band!
9. Respect your roommate’s family! This way you will gain his respect and friendship and will be treated in the same way.
If it seems like it doesn’t work too well, remember that friendships rarely appear that fast so just leave your roommate some time!